I went to my boss´s place on 2nd May for a barbecue party. This was also my farewell. I quite enjoyed myself on this ocassion. Ate a frightful amount of roast beef and had two tumblerful of red wine. I had sat at the yard with both my legs swinging from a bench.
I paid the price of my enjoyment just the next day. I had to call a friend to take me to an emergency. The pain in my left leg was killing me. My friend took me to the Palo Alto Medical Foundation emergency department where a certain Dr. Ahluwalia took me for my word when I said that I feared the pain in my left calf was due to my lower back injury. She did not botther to run any diagnostic tests whatsoever. She did not even pull up my legs to ensure there was no gross neurodeficit. For all I know, the left calf pain could very well have been a result of a local injury. Going by the diagnosis of this brilliant doctor, the nurse gave me two rather painful injections of Prednisolon and Toradol respectively on my butt. In addition, the doctor also prescribed Hydrocodone(Vicodin) and Indomethacin. I Googled later to find that the latter has very severe side-effects. Thankfully, I had not partaken of this particular medication and was hence saved from a nightmarish headache(one of the many nasty side-effects of Indomethacin).
The injections gave me an all over body ache and by the time my hubby reached me on 6th May, I was completely bed-ridden.
I wish I could have seen that doctor again. To give her the same injections and one dose of Indomethacin.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment