Sunday, July 18, 2010

Brokeback at Home

Sorry for the huge delay in posting.

I was back in Kolkata on 10th May, 2010. And I consulted an eminent orthopaedic soon after. He advised bedrest. He prescribed Etova, some other antibiotic the name of which I have forgotten and Supracal Pro. He demonstrated 3 exercises which I was supposed to start right away. I carried on with this schedule.

I drove mother up the tree by refusing to take the stairs. She brought me lunch and Sayan brought me dinner - the kitchen is on the first floor and I had taken up residence on the ground floor. I was getting on father's nerves too by staying back at home. I had a real bad time. The pain did not get any better. And I was home alone frequently. Father and Sayan had their respective offices and Ma had her tuitions and school.

We bought 3 appliances/furniture to make the room suitable for my now changed needs. We got a geyser and had the plumbing done such that the shower could get me warm water straigtaway instead of mixing the hot and cold water in a bucket and having to bend down to get the temperate water from the bucket. Father got a lower bathroom hanger at my request. Then, we got father a 1 tonne AC - we had usurped his room because it was bigger than the one we used to originally stay in. Along came a Godrej steel almirah. And true to Godrej's tradition, we found a flaw with the lower shelves immediately and had to raise a ticket to have it fixed. A few days later, the locker refused to lock!

I read up quite a few books during the days spent in bed.
1. Sevel Dials Mystery - Agatha Christie
2. 5 Little Pigs - Agatha Christie
3. Partners in Crime - Agatha Christie
4. To Kill A Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
5. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6. The Stars Look Down - A.J Cronin
7. The Plague - Albert Camus
9. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
10. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer - I am still trying to finish this awfully amateur vampire-human-werewolf saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment