Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Exercises

My physio has asked me to do a set of back stretches twice a day and has also encouraged me to take 20 minute brisk walks. Unfortunately, with my office schedule, I manage to do neither. As a result, I developed a nagging pain in the left part of the small of the back. My physio quickly located the cause to be my habitual inactivity and the subconscious reflex of trying to 'protect' my back. So, yesterday's physio session was all about exercises.
I started off on toe curls - both upward and downward. I then did hamstring streches. This was followed by side leg lifts. I was then led to the 'theraband' area where an elastic band was tied to my waist while I moved back a few steps and held the position. I had to do this walking backwards and sideways. Then the head physio put me on my back on two medicine balls and rolled them. I felt really insecure. I have never liked having my feet up from terra firma. I hate lifts and absolutely dread airplanes. Naturally, while the balls rolled below my back, I had a feeling that I was about to fall in between them on the floor. Needless to say, no such thing happened.
The physio made me do front bend stretches while he thumped my back from top to bottom. We did this two times.
The final exercise had me standing on a pneumatic cushion and playing catch with another of the physio guys. The cushion ensured that I had no stability on my feet and I was wary that the ball would hit me in the eye and push off my contacts. Again, my fears were unfounded.
I was given Diatherm and a little bit of IFT on my sore area.
Then, finally, I went home.

2 comments:

  1. The international online gambling market measurement 우리카지노 was valued at USD fifty three

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some just prefer to play 카지노사이트 within the consolation of their very own residence

    ReplyDelete