Surviving the commute from home to office has been one of my biggest challenges since starting the rehab. My physio had initially advised me against travelling long distances and sitting for long. However, since I had spent a full month just lolling in bed as per advice of an eminent orthopaedic, I could not afford any more paid leaves from office.
For the months of June and July, we employed a driver. His activities can constitute a complete post :) He was a damn good driver and I had verbally trained him to go slow and avoid the countless craters and unlevelled manholes plagueing the streets of Kolkata. We got rid of him this month and since then, hubby has been driving me around everywhere. The commute these days is full of action what with hubby and me exchanging heated profanities with each other.
Today was the first day, I rode in a different car other than our Chevrolet Spark. N took us to Haka in City Centre. He did reasonably well juggling the numerous potholes and bumpers-that-were and stretches-only-dug-and-not-fixed. However, I could not scream at him when he missed a rough patch. Instead, I hung on to the holder and lifted myself up when I anticipated that the car could go down at a considerable depth. I had a little ache in my right hand as a result of this. But my back was saved.
This is a great revelation and I am going to use this on my daily road voyage with hubby. Maybe then, the unsavoury word fest within the car will be put to rest.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
House of Fun free video slot machines are the games which 우리카지노 supply the most extra features and side-games, as they're software-based mostly games
ReplyDeleteBettors can play craps in a land-based mostly casino, or on 카지노사이트 casino websites with reside dealer video games or software-powered craps video games
ReplyDelete