Yesterday, I went over to a colleague's apartment for coffee.
She kept on talking about her plans over the Easter weekend. When people keep on blabbing on and on about their plans, I believe they should be sensitive to the people they are talking to.
I have been forced to turn into a recluse after my back injury. Whenever, my pains flare up, I have to rewind and rewind in my mind, things that I might have done to worsen my pain. Most of the times, I can't remember anything specific. But, to lessen the chances of future injury, I have restricted my social activities. I rarely eat out. I seldom go out shopping. I hardly visit my colleagues - not that they are complaining. So, it's great if your weekend is jampacked with plans - you do not need to rub in that you are having a wonderful time out in the open amongst the clear blue waters of the California coast or among the snow-capped mountains - while all I can manage is to sit at home and mope.
This well-meaning lady also had a piece of sage advice when I left her apartment - 'Everything that happens is for the good'. I can think of no good in the present, near or far future that came out of my back injury. It has limited my life in a way and at a time which is beyond my worst nightmares. Inspite of that, I cope everyday only to be at the receiving end of such saintly nuggets of gold. I will keep my complaints to myself. Please keep your advice with you.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I owe this apology to the lady mentioned in the post.
ReplyDelete1. She did all my grocery when I was cooped up in my apartment.
2. She carried my laptop home from office on occasions that I could not.
3. She slept in my apartment the first week when I hurt my back.
4. She was the only friend I had in an alien country when I was under house arrest due to the back pain.
Goes to prove how an acute pain can turn a normal person to a sourpuss. People who know me well will vouchsafe that I never backbite and rarely gossip. I apologize wholeheartedly to my friend who read this post and was deeply hurt. However, the good news is that we have since resolved our differences and are friends again. I will give her this - she is much more forgiving than I am :)
Sign up is easy and you will be able to play in 우리카지노 minutes! Head to our Sign up page to create your account
ReplyDeleteAmong them are daily, weekly, and monthly 카지노사이트 special provides such as reload bonuses, game promotions, and seasonal special provides
ReplyDelete